TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering Front Page 2021 (‘the Competition’), competition entrants (‘Entrant’/‘Entrants’) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may render an Entrant ineligible for the Competition.
Entrants must submit their entries (‘Entry’/‘Entries’) via the Front Page 2021 entry system (‘Entry System’). Any entry form or supporting materials received via any other method shall be destroyed and will not be considered a valid submission.
All Entries must follow the entry guidelines and Entrants must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria for their chosen category, as outlined on Step 1 of the Entry System. The school newspaper being entered must be uploaded as a single interactive PDF file (which can contain embedded audio and video) no larger than 300 MB.
Entries in the Upper Primary (Years 4–6) category must consist of a four-page, A3-sized, portrait-orientation PDF. Entries in the Lower Secondary (Years 7–9) and Upper Secondary (Years 10–12) categories must consist of an eight-page, A3-sized, portrait-orientation PDF.
Please double-check your file before submitting your Entry. If we cannot read or view your submission, we will be unable to judge your newspaper.
- To be eligible for the Competition, Entrants must complete the online entry form and submit their school newspaper as described in point 1 (above) by the close of entries: midday AEST, Friday 27 August 2021. We recommend completing your entry submission earlier, to allow for unforeseen issues that may arise.
- The Competition is only open to students of the appropriate primary or secondary schooling ages (ages 8–19) during 2021. All Entrants must be Australian residents. Employees of Nine or ATOM (as well as their immediate family members – brother/sister, son/daughter) are ineligible.
- Entries may only be submitted once. Schools or classes may submit multiple Entries, as long as each Entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that school or class (each Entry must contain entirely different content and have a different layout).
- All school newspapers entered must have been created specifically for Front Page 2021. All Entries must have been completed between 4 May 2021 and 27 August 2021.
Nine and ATOM reserve the right to use entrant content (including all or part of any school newspaper submitted by an Entrant) in any manner they choose. Submission of an Entry constitutes consent by the Entrant for Nine and ATOM to use the content in this way and also to use the Entrant’s name and photo for publicity purposes.
Entries become the property of Nine and ATOM. The non-exclusive worldwide rights for all content submitted must be available for five (5) years for use by Nine and ATOM.
All copyright, moral rights and rights of personality for all content – including text, images, artwork and models used in photographs – must be cleared. Failure to clear these rights will result in removal of the Entry from consideration in the Competition.
Nine and ATOM take no responsibility for any failure by an Entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations. Entrants warrant that their school newspaper (and any material contained in their school newspaper, including, but not limited to, any logos or commercial content) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person or organisation. Entrants (or their parents/guardians) will fully indemnify Nine and ATOM against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
- The Competition judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
- Nine, ATOM and their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on email received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
- All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and age, is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used by Nine and ATOM, and their affiliates, for the stated purposes.